Effortlessly track birds with enhanced AF detection from the AF subject-detection [Birds] option. Whether they're small in frame or mid-flight, our improved detection and tracking performance make bird photography and videography more precise.
* Image captured with AF subject-detection [Birds] on Nikon Z 9.
Seize the Shot with Auto Capture.
Auto Capture simplifies shooting in tough conditions, effortlessly capturing subjects, providing versatile camera positions, and eliminating shooting stress. The feature is also available when used with DX-format lenses or with the [DX] image area setting. Now with [Airplane] mode among its subject detections, it's your new go-to for dynamic aviation stills and videos.
* Image captured with Auto Capture on Nikon Z 9.
How Does Auto Capture Work?
The camera automatically takes photo or records videos when it detects motion in designated directions.
The camera automatically takes photo or records videos when a subject is in the designated distance area.
The camera automatically takes photo or records videos when it detects designated types of subjects.
Pixel Shift. Pixel Perfect.
Capture unparalleled details and defined textures with pixel-shift shooting, leveraging in-camera VR to shift image sensor positions when shooting multiple NEF (RAW) files. Achieve an astonishing 180-megapixel resolution with 16 or 32 shots as you process your images with various compatible third-party RAW image-processing software.
Rich Tone Portrait Picture Control delivers exquisite tones, while minimising white clipping for ideal retouching and image enhancement. Utilise features such as portrait balance, skin softening, and auto white balance (AWB) performance, and pair them with NIKKOR Z S-Line lenses for stunning results.
“The Rich Tone Portrait has won me over and I intend to incorporate it into all future portrait sessions. The most remarkable aspect of using the Rich Tone Portrait feature is the way it enhances my subject’s skin, giving a luminous and attractive appearance that remains natural. Observing the images directly from the camera, I was convinced that no retouching was necessary.”
Matthew Jordan Smith
Portrait Photographer - Japan
Next Level Video.
Bluetooth connection between ATOMOS UltraSync BLUE and the MC-N10 Remote Grip.
Expanded N-log low ISO sensitivity range
New options for Hi-Res Zoom speed.
More Features &
- Improved AF performance during Pre-Release Capture
- Large size option for JPEG+JPEG recording
- Enhancement for NX Field usage
- Enhancements for NX MobileAir usage
- Improved workflow with external connection
- Auto image rotation for stills
- Exit zoom with a half-press release during manual focusing
- Addition of increment steps for auto bracketing
- Expanded custom control functions
- Additional shutter sound and volume options
- Addition of exposure delay mode
- Improved tracking of the progress bar in video playback
- Updates to non-CPU lens data
- Support for power zoom lens
- Width adjustment for focus point border
- Increased magnification during Live view (400%)
- Improved series playback for stills with additional settings
- Improved video playback
- Face priority focus point option during playback
- EVF [Small] display during image playback
- Improvement in the memory card time remaining on display for video
- Improvement in EVF brightness during playback
- Improved focus indicator display