NIKON PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
Version September 2023
Your Nikon Product has been manufactured to meet the highest quality standards by Nikon Group. Nikon urges you to take good care of your Product and always follow the usage and maintenance instructions in the user’s manual carefully. If you do, the Product will serve you long and well. During the warranty period, repairs or adjustments will be made free of charge only upon presentation of the Nikon Warranty Card together with the sales receipt or other evidence of purchase to a Nikon service facility. If the documents cannot be presented or if the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible, Nikon reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service.
Extended 'Guarantees' (Legal or Dealer Guarantees)
Some Nikon Retailers may provide extended legal or commercial guarantees which exceed the Nikon Warranty. Any claims for warranty service under this kind of extended guarantee must be handled between the Consumer and the Retailer. In this case, please contact your local Retailer accordingly. Nikon service facility may not be able to support this kind of commercial agreement made between the Retailer and Consumer. This is especially the case when a Retailer purchases or sources a Nikon Product through an unofficial or unaccredited distribution channel or dealership network, as a matter of course Nikon reserves the right to refuse the service or repairs or to impose charges for such service or repairs. Any provision of such service or repairs shall not be construed as a waiver of the assertion of the intellectual property rights of Nikon.
International Warranties for NIKKOR Interchangeable Lenses and Accessories
From January 2021, Nikon will begin the gradual transition of Products with international warranty to local warranty that is specific to the country of sale. For more information [Click here].
Warranties for Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Laser Rangefinders
Please refer to the “How to use your Nikon Service Warranty Card” leaflet which comes together with the Product for service instructions.
Nikon Service Warranty Terms
Your Nikon equipment is guaranteed against any manufacturing defects for one full year from the date of original purchase. If during this period of guarantee the Product proves defective due to improper material or workmanship, our authorised service network within the sales territory will, without charge for labour and parts, repair the Product in the terms and conditions set as below. Nikon reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to replace or repair the Product.
1. This warranty is only provided upon presentation of the completed warranty card and original invoice or purchase receipt indicating the date of purchase, Product type and dealer’s name, together with the Product. Nikon reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented or if the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible.
2. This warranty will not cover any one or more of the following:
- necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
- modifications to upgrade the Product from its normal purpose as described in user manuals, without the prior written consent of Nikon.
- transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the Product.
- any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the Product, without the prior written consent of Nikon, in order to comply with local or national technical standards in force in any other country than the ones for which the Product was originally designed and/or manufactured.
3. The warranty will not be applicable in any one or more of the following:
- damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the Product for its normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation or use of the Product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used.
- damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, misuse or neglect.
- defacing, illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the Product.
- damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorised service organisations or persons.
- defects in any system into which the Product is incorporated or with which it is used.
4. This service warranty does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national laws in force, nor the consumer’s right against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract.
Nikon Hong Kong Service Warranty Terms
The warranty is only applicable to Products purchased from authorised Nikon dealers in Hong Kong or Macau with original purchase invoice and accompanied by a valid "Product Warranty Card" issued by "Nikon Hong Kong Co., Ltd."
Please click here for warranty registration in Hong Kong or Macau. Please ensure that you complete the Product warranty registration within 30 days from the date of purchase of the Product.
Terms And Conditions Of Warranty
(In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of these terms and conditions of warranty, the English version shall prevail.)
|Product||Warranty Period||Warranty Coverage|
|Hong Kong||Macau||Mainland China1|
|Digital SLR Cameras||1 year||P||P||P1|
|Mirrorless Cameras||1 year||P||P||P1|
|Digital Compact Cameras||1 year||P||P||P1|
|NIKKOR Lenses||1 year||P||P||P1|
|Flashes (Speedlights)||1 year||P||P||P1|
|Binoculars & Sport Optics*||1 year||P||P||P1|
1. If you purchased Nikon Digital SLR Camera, Mirrorless Cameras, Digital Compact Cameras, NIKKOR Lenses or Flashes (Speedlights) from Nikon Hong Kong or Macau authorised dealers, please ensure that you complete the Product warranty registration at https://warranty.nikon-asia.com within 30 days from the date of purchase of the Product. Upon completion of Product warranty registration, the warranty set out in these terms and conditions will become effective and apply to your Product..
2. The warranty card is issued only at the time of the original purchase. It is non-transferable and will not be re-issued.
3. The original invoice and the warranty card for the Product must be presented to the Nikon authorised service facility before any repair can be made under this warranty.
4. All costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense. All other claims of any nature are not covered under this warranty.
5. During the Warranty Period and provided that the Product was used under normal conditions, you will be entitled to the free repair service or parts replacement (normal wear and tear excepted and without prejudice to the express exclusions and limitations elsewhere contained) of the Product by Nikon authorised service facilities in the Mainland China*1, Hong Kong and Macau. Nikon will NOT provide the warranty service under any of the following circumstances:
i. Where the original invoice and official warranty card are not presented.
ii. Where the damage or malfunction is unrelated to manufacturing defects.
iii. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by any modification made to the Product which is inconsistent to the Product structure or specification as stated in the package or user manual.
iv. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by accidental damage (including, but not limited to, shock, impact, dropping, water or other liquid damage, sand damage or battery leakage).
v. Where the Product was not used, repaired or maintained in accordance with the user manual.
vi. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by servicing (including, but not limited to, repair, transformation, decomposition, or cleaning) carried out by person(s) other than Nikon authorised service facility.
vii. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by the use of parts / accessories not produced by Nikon.
viii. Where the damage or malfunction was caused by improper care, misuse or abuse of the Product; or incurred during transportation or mail of the Product not carried out by Nikon.
ix. Any electronic data loss or deletion due to malfunctioning or repair of the Product.
x. Where the warranty card does not mention the serial number, or where the serial number of the Product has been altered or removed.
xi. This warranty does not cover accessories of the Product or consumables.
xii.Where the Production of the Product, its accessories or spare parts has been discontinued.
6. This warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the Product. Warranty will be terminated for Product resell cases.
7. Nikon may at its discretion reset the Product’s settings to factory default setting in the course of inspection/repair/parts replacement without any prior notice. Any replaced, damaged/defective parts shall be Nikon’s Property and non-returnable. Nikon has the absolute discretion to dispose of such replaced, damaged/defective parts.
8. For repair service taking place in the Mainland China, the repair terms and conditions of Nikon China will apply.
9. Nikon reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify the Terms and Conditions of Warranty by posting an updated version of the Terms and Conditions of Warranty on the Website. If you have otherwise agreed to receive communications from us via email or if there are modifications which are important to bring to your notice in order to seek your further consent in accordance with the applicable laws, we will advise you accordingly on our website and/or notify you of modifications to the Terms and Conditions of Warranty via the email address which you gave us to receive email communications from us. If these Terms and Conditions of Warranty are amended, you must comply with the updated Terms and Conditions of Warranty. To the extent that the law shall so permit, you agree that your continued use of the Website after such amendment constitutes acceptance of the amendments and evidences your agreement to abide by and be bound by such modifications. As such, Nikon recommends and advises that you regularly visit our Website to check these Terms and Conditions of Warranty for any amendments and to check any communication from Nikon to seek your further consent if so required by applicable law.
The modifications to the Terms and Conditions of Warranty supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents which you may have previously provided to us, nor does it affect any rights that we may have at law in connection with these Terms and Conditions of warranty and our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data.
10. There are no other oral or written warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, those of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The duration of implied warranties applicable to the Product is limited to the warranty length specified herein.
11. Nikon’s sole obligation and liability hereunder is limited to the repair of a defective Product at its option. Nikon shall not, in any event, be liable to the Consumer or any third party for any incidental or consequential damage (including, but not limited to, damages resulting from interruption of service or loss of business), or liability in tort relating to the Product or resulting from its use or possession.
12. In case of any dispute, Nikon reserves the right and has the absolute discretion to make the final decision which shall be binding on the Consumer.
13. Sale of Goods (United Nations Convention) Ordinance (Laws of Hong Kong Cap. 641) - The applicability of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods 1980 is expressly and entirely excluded.
14. These Terms and Conditions of Warranty are governed by the laws of Hong Kong. You shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong and the courts having appeal from them.
1Regarding the Domestic Warranty In China
During the office hours, please bring the following documents and visit the "Nikon Customer Service Centre" for Product registration:
- Warranty Card
- Sales invoice
If you have any enquiries, please call Nikon Customer Service Hotline +852 2907 1122.
Nikon Customer Service Centre
Unit 2007, 20/F Tower 2 Grand Century Place, 193 Prince Edward Rd West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Monday - Friday: 10:00A.M. to 7:00P.M.
Saturday: 10:00A.M. to 5:00P.M.
Sunday & Public Holiday: closed
Customer Service Hotline (Tel : 2907 1122) Service Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:00A.M. to 6:00P.M.
Saturday: 9:00A.M. to 1:00P.M.
Sunday & Public Holiday: closed
Warranty Service Centre
HONG KONG – Nikon Hong Kong Ltd.
CHINA – Nikon Imaging (China) Sales Co., Ltd
Definitions and Interpretations
“Consumer”, “you” or “your” means the purchaser of the Product (except its assignee, successor-in title and transferee)
“Nikon”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Nikon Hong Kong Limited
“Nikon Group” means Nikon Corporation and any of its subsidiaries, which term is defined in section 15 of the Companies Ordinance (Chapter 622 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
“Product” means the product purchased or sourced from an official or accredited distribution channel or dealership network in Hong Kong or Macau to which this warranty applies.
“Retailer” means the retailer of the Product.
Unless the context of these Terms and Conditions of Warranty otherwise clearly requires, references to the singular include the plural, the plural, singular.
Save and except any member of the Nikon Group, no statute, law, regulation or any other implied right shall operate in relation to these Terms and Conditions of Warranty which confers any rights on any person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions.
No rule of construction applies to the disadvantage of a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of these Terms and Conditions of Warranty or any part of it or any document containing any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Warranty.