MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE, SEE THE WORLD IN A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE WITH THE NIKKOR Z 28MM F/2.8 (SE)
Make the most out of the incredibly compact mirrorless system with the special edition lens that is first-of-its-kind in the NIKKOR Z line-up
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE), a compact and lightweight prime lens that is compatible with full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted, and as a kit lens that offers superior functionality with shooting for the APS-C size (Nikon DX-format) mirrorless camera, Z fc. The "(SE)" in the product name is short for "Special Edition".
NIKKOR lenses are renowned for its optical perfection and this lens, the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE), delivers that with today’s latest technology in an advantageously compact build and aesthetically pleasing design. It is a combination of form and function from its minimum focus distance to its multi-focusing system, to be a reliable prime lens meant for our creators and professionals to deliver their best in stills and videos.
This wide-angle prime lens inherits the same classic and well-loved design as the NIKKOR lenses that were released around the same time as the Nikon FM2 film SLR camera, to match the Z fc camera body and enable users to enjoy its all-rounded aesthetic. Faithfully reproducing the notable designs of that era, such as knurling, as well as a prominent control ring, the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) is designed with an iconic touch.
Easily slipped into your bag to capture everyday snapshots of cityscapes and café-hopping, the lightweight lens delights users with its smooth autofocusing and the adoption of a design with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance.
NIKKOR Z 28MM F/2.8 (SE) PRIMARY FEATURES
- Extremely portable and makes the most of the compact size of mirrorless cameras, with its total length of approximately 43mm and weight of approximately 160g.
- Easy-to-use, the fixed focal length of 28mm supports users with a wide angle of view for all types of scenes, from cityscapes and landscapes to indoor dining.
- The fast and wide f/2.8 maximum aperture resists the effects of camera shake, even with hand-held shooting; and supports users in achieving their desired aesthetic quality with the impressive use of bokeh expression.
- Get close to subjects for dynamic photography to showcase scenes in different perspectives with its minimum focus distance of 0.19 m (0.63 ft).
- The first NIKKOR Z lens exception in which a multi-focusing system, usually only made available for the S-Line, has been adopted – realising minimal aberration with shooting at close distances, a smaller size, and fast and accurate autofocus (AF) control. The adoption of stepping motor (STM) also enables quiet and highly precise AF control.
- Not just for shooting stills, the lens is developed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, smooth focus breathing, and stable exposure.
- Experience superb operability and control within reach, with the control ring that allows for assignment of various functions such as Aperture and Exposure compensation.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance1 and a non-retracting mechanism so that users can take the lens with them everywhere and be ready for every photographic opportunity.
 The lens is not guaranteed to be dust- and drip-resistant in all situations or under all conditions.
 Multiple AF drive units work together to control the position of multiple focus lens groups with great precision for superior image formation performance regardless of shooting distance.
 The S-Line is a grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that demonstrate outstanding optical performance, adhering to a high standard of design principles and quality control.
For more information on the new NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE), and other Nikon products, please visit www.nikon.com.hk.